0. Read (God forbid!) the ”how to handle images” manual
1. Create the movie somehow. You'll need to create a flash video file (.flv) and a .png or .jpg image of the same size (e.g. 400 x 300 pixels).
2. Open up your blog in a browser. For me that is http://www.channelflow.org/dokuwiki/doku.php/gtspring2009:gibson:blog.
3. Click an “edit” button.
4a. Click the “add images” button, just above the edit window, and just left of the button.
4b. An upload dialog box will open, looking something like this:
4c. Now this is really important: In the Media Files portion of the upload box, select movies and then under that yourname. On the right-hand side of the box movies:yourname will appear.
4d. Select the movie files to upload and upload them.
5. Now add a line like the following to your blog, with appropriate substitutions.
<flashplayer width="400" height="320">file=/movies/gibson/p76p82.flv&image=/movies/gibson/p76p82.png&repeat=none</flashplayer>
The <flashplayer ... tag should be flush with the left margin –no spaces before it. Note that the size is specified as 400 x 320 pixels, 20 pixels more in height than the 400 x 300 images size shown in the above dialog box. The 20 extra pixels are for the flashplayer controls.
6. Click on
Save and voilá! There is a flash video embedded in your blog!
7. Peace and happiness reign throughout the study group as we gaze inquisitively at each other's animations.
if I want to put a thumbnail headshot next to my name where would I have to put the file in order to reference it? John Hyatt 2009-03-12 11:30
Add images and other files button. The upload window comes up. Click on :gtspring2009: (or :chaosbook:) in its left
Media files column. Browse for your file. Prefix its name appropriately, for example with :path_to_your_blog:. Upload. — Predrag Cvitanovic 2009-03-09
How does one remove an uploaded image? — Dustin Spieker 2009-03-29
There isn't an easy way to remove uploaded files. Upload and overwrite an empty file of the same name, or ask JohnG to log in and remove manually. — John Gibson 2009-04-01